Volunteering is a great way to make a valued contribution to the work that Open Family Australia undertakes with young people who are homeless or at-risk in the community.
Volunteers are the cornerstone of a healthy charity and we are so fortunate to have some of the best supporting the work of Open Family Australia.
There are a number of opportunities for volunteering with Open Family Australia:
- Events and fundraising
- Chatterbox Bus - Melbourne
- Chatterbox Bus - Sydney
- NOSH Bus - Sydney
- Food collection
Volunteer – Whitelion Australia
Nutritional Outreach Support and Health Program (NOSH)
Derrimut Road – Hoppers Crossing
Whitelion is a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people at risk to reach their full potential. We are currently seeking volunteers to join the NOSH Team based in Derrimut Road – Hoppers Crossing.
The NOSH Program is a mobile outreach service that provides the necessary support for homeless and street frequenting youth. NOSH operates up to 4 days per week, including some evenings around identified areas of need in the Wyndham region and surrounding suburbs with the view to expanding the program in the future. It is managed by the NOSH coordinator with the assistance of volunteers.
Some key requirements for the role are:
• Effectively engage and relate comfortably to people from a wide spectrum of the community.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community sites
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Willingness to undergo training and engage in regular supervision
• Commit to one shift per fortnight (4-8 hours) generally during business hours but may include some evening/weekend work in the future
• Be able to engage in manual handling tasks such as stacking the NOSH van
You will also be required to participate in a full day training session, undergo a criminal record check and hold a current Working with Children's Check.
This is a volunteer position and therefore is unpaid, see attached flyer for more information.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Friday April 17th 2015.